What inside the 11 Tips to Improve your Local SEO – Newsletter December 2020
Chapter 1 : 11 SIMPLE YET EFFECTIVE TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR LOCAL SEO
To help your start-up or medium-sized business gain momentum, we have listed some important local marketing strategies. These strategies can help you to increase your brand’s awareness & gain new customers. Hiring a marketing agency can help you to generate leads right away, but if you wish to do it on your own, this article is for you!
Here are some SEO tips for the DIYers:
- Plan the structure of your website carefully. Add navigation tabs on every page of your site to lead the users to other relevant pages.
- Re-direct or eliminate broken links.
- Use the local keywords & geographical area names in the meta descriptions & website content smartly.
- We recommend using page-specific, optimal length title & meta descriptions.
- Keep your webpage content precise and relevant to get a good ranking.
- Register your business on Google My Business (GMB) & other business citation sources.
- Local Citation is a must! List your business with local directories & popular directories.
- Get recognized for your services! Let other businesses you have worked for, mention you on their sites.
- If you want to do better than your competitors, analyze the key factors that are helping them stay on the top.
- Positive reviews can build trust and help increase your customer base significantly.
- Use quality graphics and videos to avoid repetitive content and boost your Click-Through Rate.
Even when you are done following these tips, it takes patience & expertise to achieve the ranking you desire! If you need quick results, consulting an SEO expert is your best choice. We’re here for help!
Chapter 2 : DISAVOW TOOL IS MIGRATED TO NEW SEARCH CONSOLE
Recently, Google made an announcement saying, “Today we’re completing the migration of the Disavow links tool to the new Search Console interface.” The migration of the Disavow tool was pending for a long time. Almost a year after officially closing down the old version of Google Search Console, they migrated the disavow link tool from the old Search Console to the new Search Console.
But Google goes on to caution that “This is an advanced feature and should only be used with caution. If used incorrectly, this feature can potentially harm your site’s performance in Google Search results.”
Google explains, “If you have a manual action against your site for unnatural links to your site, or if you think you’re about to get such a manual action (because of paid links or other link schemes that violate our quality guidelines), you should try to remove the links from the other site to your site. If you can’t remove those links yourself, or get them removed, then you should disavow the URLs of the questionable pages or domains that link to your website.”
Apart from this, Google will now let you download a disavow file as a text file and will no longer limit the error reports for uploaded files to just 10 errors.
How you can use it
As we all know, Google has always ignored bad links rather than penalizing businesses for it. But if manual action is taken against your site for unnatural links or if you think that you are about to get one because of paid links or link schemes that violate the quality guidelines, Google prefers that you ask the other site to remove those links first and if you can’t get them removed, you can use this tool to disavow those sites.
Chapter 3: TWITTER ROLLS OUT CAROUSEL ADS
In October, Twitter launched Carousel Ads for advertisers globally. These ads enable marketers to display 2-6 horizontally swipeable images or videos.
“The Carousel ad format also includes an edge-to-edge design, 3rd party measurement reporting, accessibility support, and new reporting features, such as swipes within the Carousel and breakdowns to measure individual Carousel card performance.”
You can check out Twitter’s new Carousel Ad Format here.
It takes just a few easy steps to create Carousel Ads. Advertisers can create them via Tweet Composer in Ads Manager or via the Ads API using creative specifications similar to other image and video formats.
The created ads can then be promoted or used organically.
If you wish to learn more about Carousel Ads, visit this page!