- Google opens Email verification for some Google My Business accounts.
- Google Maps will soon work on just Wi-Fi. Google is going to launch a new setting for the Google Maps that will enable you to direct it to work mostly on Wi-Fi, hence saving you a lot of mobile data.
- New UI has been rolled out by Google for the photos in the local knowledge panels.
- Zagat app has been infused with new life with the help of google. It’s now more useful and convenient.
- A recent survey conducted by Myles Anderson underlined the importance of Title & Meta Data.
- It’s better to rank in the directories which are focused on your industry or location. To know its importance, click here.
- Whitespark’s local citation finder tool now includes top ten businesses instead of just the three in the local packs.
- If you are confused on whether you should have a separate Facebook page for each location or not, refer to this article.
- Bing’s professional profiles have gone live. Also, it’s really nice of Bing to tell us where the data comes from.
- Now you will be able to see critic reviews on Local Knowledge panels. You can even exhibit these reviews if you’re a publisher. To know more, click here.
- Want to know the secrets of writing engaging content that has the power to influence the audience? Click here.
- To become an expert in interpreting Google my business insights, click here. After that, invest some time in understating how you can export your insights data from the new Google My business dashboard.
- Winners are those who cash the opportunities which everyone ignores. So maybe it’s your time to shine as we are providing you with some local citation opportunities that very few people are aware of.
- For some very interesting and practical advice on “How to rank better in 2016”, give this article a read.
- From now on, you can adjust bid according to the type of device a searcher is using. It is applicable to all devices in AdWords. To know more, click here.
- Make your Google my business listings work as hard as you do by following these tips.
- Google is experimenting with a new feature that allows verified organizations and public figures to create and post content with ease. And the best part is, it will be available in Google searches instantly. You can also be a part of it and communicate with your audience; all you have to do is to fill out this form.
You will no longer be able to see the “Mobile-friendly” tag in front of the page meta description on the search results because Google has decided to remove it. Since they have added many things to the search result, it has become a bit cluttered and to sort it out, they will be removing Mobile friendly tags.
But why they are removing “Mobile friendly tag” isn’t it helpful for the users to identify which site will load faster on mobile devices? To our surprise, almost 85% of all pages in the mobile search results now have the mobile friendly tag. It means Google no longer have to aggressively push it. However, it doesn’t mean that Mobile friendly criteria is no longer a ranking signal, it is & will be in near future as well. Also, Google will continue to provide the Mobile usability report and mobile-friendly test.
After discussing with many experts, it became clear that it has been done not just to unclutter the search results but to push their Accelerated mobile pages (AMP) agenda. Google is willing to expand it from just the top carousel to the entire search results. So maybe it is the right time to opt for AMP pages because it can boost your search engine rankings.
After a long time, Google is going to penalize those who seriously deserve it. We are talking about those annoying interstitials that pop-up out of nowhere and hinder us from accessing the main page content.
Google has announced that sites that leverage “intrusive interstitials” will no longer be able to rank high in their search results after 10th Jan 2017.
BTW we were wondering that why it took so long for Google to take action against such annoying interstitial. Even when they have already declared back in 2015 that, interstitials are not very useful for the users, specifically the App interstitials. In 2015 many predicted that Google will soon take actions and it’s better to abandon such practices, but guess what? People continued to do so and it’s only after 2 years that Google is taking any real actions. It’s a good reminder for those who takes predictions and assumptions of “Experts” way too seriously and act instantly without doing their own research.
However, be informed that not all the interstitials techniques will be punished; only those who use the below-mentioned techniques have to worry about it:
- Popup that covers the main content.
- Standalone interstitial
- Those which looks similar to the original content
If you are on the lookout of creating Google friendly mobile website for your business, please connect with our Sales rep.
Google recently announced, “in-app search” for App indexing on Android. Now app developers can allow Google to index the in-app content and it will then show up on the search on android phones or tabs, without any internet connection.
But why will any developer let google to index their in-app content?
Because if you do so, then your in-App content will show in the relevant search in the Google app, in the brand new “in Apps” tab or even as an autocomplete suggestion. Refer to below Gif to understand it in the simplest way possible.
Here’re 3 examples given by Google on how it will work & why it’s useful:
- You can easily find your contacts and messages. You can even be able to find that new Chinese restaurant that your friend recommended but you forgot its name. Just type “Chinese restaurant” and find the text.
- You can listen to your favorite track and can watch that video of cute kittens- all in one place.
- Never miss an important task again. Forgot some items that you have to buy from the supermarket? Don’t worry, just search for “supermarket list” and you’re done.
However, this feature only works on Android with Gmail, Spotify and YouTube apps. But in near future it’s highly likely that it will work on Facebook messenger, LinkedIn, Evernote, Glide, Todoist & Google keep. If you are interested, then you can be part of this by filling out this form.
Last month Facebook was testing out a brand new desktop page layout that was totally ad free. It looked something like this.
However, it’s no longer in testing mode because Facebook has started rolling out this ad-free desktop version. You will be able to see it very soon if you haven’t already.
They not only removed the ads but also corrected the problem of Cover photo overlapping profile photo, made call-to-action button more skirting and gave it enough separation from the “like” & “more” buttons.
One of the best parts about this new page layout is that it directs the eyes to the actual page content, while the page navigation which was on the left side is now close to the controls that users see in their personal feeds.
But why will a company reduce his own income by removing ads?
Well because the desktop page ads were not contributing much to their overall ad revenue. A whopping 82% of Facebook’s ad revenue comes from mobile ads. So by making a non-significant ad product better, they are encouraging more users to use it and thus making it more profitable in the long run.
Overall, the new update is very much welcomed by all the users because who don’t want to enjoy Facebook without any ads.
In case you are looking forward to optimize your Facebook page, here’s the link to their help page center where they have updated info on page image sizes to best suit the new layout.
Advertisers can apply now to begin testing ETAs in their campaigns.
Shortly after Google formally announced Expanded Text Ads would be coming to AdWords, Bing said it would add support for the new longer text ad format. Bing Ads began accepting advertisers into a pilot for ETAs.
To get into the test, you’ll need to provide contact information and customer IDs in an application form. Bing Ads is also surveying advertisers about whether they have any concerns or open questions with Expanded Text Ads.
According to the application notes, it may take up to a week to get ETAs activated in your account after signing up.
Customers with pilot access will be able to sync AdWords campaigns using Expanded Text Ads to Bing Ads using Google Import in addition to managing Expanded Text Ads using Bing Ads Web UI and Bing Ads Editor and Bing Ads API.